Monday, October 24, 2011

First weigh in day

Well, today was my first official weigh in day since I discovered my new all time high at the doctor two weeks ago today.  My new weight is 206. Nine pounds lost.  I've tried this enough times to know that the first ten or twenty come off pretty quick (and also come back pretty quick if you don't keep it up + some).  Its so easy to stay motivated for a month or so.  So while I am very encouraged by the numbers these first two weeks, I am keeping it real. My real victory is that climbing ONE flight of stairs in my house is getting easier and I seem to be keeping my blood sugars fairly even - haven't had any obvious lows that I have in the past and I'm finding foods that I really like.  I love the challenge of making unhealthy recipes healthier and finding new delicious ways to make healthy food - that is the fun part!  And I don't absolutely HATE the exercises that I am doing, even when I get sweaty (which is HUGE for me)!  And I seem to be standing a little straighter and feel more confidence in myself.  Mind you, not enough confidence to post a "Biggest Loser" type BEFORE picture.  Would love to add your results to mine and put a big huge X across that smug Garfield at the bottom of the page!  You can post them as anonymous if you want - no biggie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment